it seems that I was nominated for some awards, maybe there were more of them but I did not catch them, what a pity.
Liebster award from mathsbyagirl, thanks for this again 😉 It seems that I should answer those question too so here you go:
- What is your passion? Astronomy
- Why did you start blogging? Check this out.
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? The thought that I want to change something?
- Is there a moment in your life you wish you could go back to just to enjoy it again? If so, what moment is it? Sure there is, many. Anytime would be fine if I could live everything to this point again.
- Are you planning to publish a book in the future? If so, what would it be about? Nope.
- Do you believe in love at first sight? Not so much experience in this though it happens and it probably does not lead to best marriages, who knows, depends.
- Is there something you’re afraid of that’s quite unusual? Not anything unusual probably.
- What country are you from? Czech Republic
- How many languages do you speak? Czech, English
- What is one of your most embarrassing moments in life? Those in which I felt embarrassed but they did not need to be embarrassing at all.
- Are you happy? Yup 😉
I guess that these answers also count for Versatile award by thenexusscience and it is getting late but if anybody wants to grab these awards go for it.
For last (edit: first 😀 ) I decided to create second blog, do not worry it will never ever step into way of this one which is main and means a lot to me.
What is it about? It is about dreams, more accurately, lucid dreams which are dreams I want to learn to dream. Are you confused? Well then you will have to check out the blog and follow it too 😉 !
The posts there will be sometimes frequent sometimes not but I will continue to post every other day here, as I promised.
Make sure to check it out!
Today I was doing some work in school with different Wikipedia pages. I picked Altair which is pretty interesting star so I wanted to share with you what I found out.
Altair is 12th brightest star and it is located in constellation of Aquila.
The area of constellation of Aquila in the sky.
It is one of the closest balls of plasma around, 16 light years. Its spectral type is A and it is brighter and bigger than Sun. What is als interesting is that it rotates quickly, one turn in 9 hours compared to 25 days for Sun. This is important for its shape since as it rotates the shape of the star changes to ellipsoid or “stepped on” ball. This has very interesting effect, the poles are brighter because of gravity darkening. The surface gravity at poles is greater making them brighter.
I have got award again, and again Versatile award which I had about week back or so.
I was nominated by mliae, thanks a lot. I would be happy to fill it but I nominated my most favorite blogs in recent awards already and I would not want to spam them again so for now I will just keep it for myself (do not take it as that I do not appreciate it, I do). 🙂
It seems that I have been nominated after very long time for an award. This time it was by Abhijit from “informaticcoolstuff“, thanks for nominating me, as I said, it did not happen in long time so I am glad that I have got it now!
1. Display Award
2. Thank the person who nominated you
3. Share seven facts about yourself
4. Nominate up to 15 other bloggers-
SEVEN FACTS ABOUT ME:
Seventeen is my favorite number and it is part of tripolis sequence.
My favorite colour is green and I think that everybody should have some gadget to measure colors according to RGB so we would not need to argue about it, especially with girls.
My most favorite popular astronomer is Phil Plait
I listen to metal and epic music, that means Insomnium and Two Steps From Hell
I live in the town that has the largest pond in central Europe.
I play frisbee, that is the cool sport with flying disc.
Black holes were roughly the first topic in astronomy that I really was interested in.
Abyssbrain, right now it seems that he is having some problems with his page so I will link it later.
Joseph from Rationalising The Universe
Through Ivy`s Eyes
Hop on a Comet
The Traveling Space Opera
Fatherhood, Fails, and Football
Blair (The Shameful Sheep)
As Abhijit said in his nomination, I would pick even more though the rules are 15 bloggers.