so I am writing here, just to announce that really cool event is coming. It is called either Super-moon eclipse or Blood moon, I am not going to say that the world is about to end but this thing will repeat in the year of 2033.
WHEN: 27/28 September, it depends on where you are but for me.. in Czech Republic I am going to watch it 28th of September in the morning before Sun rises. It is because this event is caused by Earth, casting its shadow right on Moon and leaving just red spectrum of light to go through our atmosphere on Moon surface.
It will definitely be fun, so I wish you nice clean sky so everyone has their chance to see it.
because I was in Finland I could not write anything but today, I am returning with monstrous post! About…. The Game!
Probably you have never heard of it but it is the most played game in the world because everybody is playing it.
It is mind game which you will lose when you think about it, so you and me and other readers just lost because I wrote this sentence!
Now all of us have thirty minutes before we can play again.
Nobody is really sure how and when was this game created. One story says that two guys had to wait through night on train station and they were trying not to think about the train so they finally made this.
There are no official rules, actually there are versions in which you will play in the moment when you are not thinking about it or that there is only one way to win and it is hearing the pope, prime minister of England or queen saying that they won/lost.
There are two strategies either not thinking about game or thinking about it as often as possible, so you can say to others that you just lost.
Here is official page about The Game.
Fermi paradox is paradox made mainly by Enrico Fermi and what it asks is basicly: “Why are there no signs of other civilizations?”
That´s a question!
It is based on few things:
Our home star The Sun is quiet normal star which is not rare in our galaxy so lot of them should be here.
Next thing is that you must assume that the Earth is normal planet and lot of those stars will have similar rocks around itself in the right distance.
And civilization would develop on this planet and it would send some signals or travel through Galaxy.
There are really tons of stars like Sun and probably even similar planets but still we are not apparently hearing anything from space… lets see some solutions to this problem.
1) Civilizations are not common because either there is life on other planets but it is not developed or it is much rarer to survive through what is so called: Great Filter it is some event which would erase us, like meteorite or gamma burst.
2) There have to be much more specific things on planet. Without great source of energy it would probably not be able to send signals or even colonize other planets. Moon is very important for Earth since it stabilize its axis (which is important for normal seasons).
3) It is normal that life destroys itself when it has got enough good technology, nuclear war, lot of trash. OR it is normal that life destroys other lifes which means there would be some first great civilization which would keep Universe clean.
4) Another thing is that we are not sending signals really long time or listening really long time plus we are listening only to part of sky and only to some kind of signals. Maybe post-modern civilizations dont need to use our kind of communication but for example neutrino rays or something very different. AND what kind of radio signals we are using right now is not really long lasting for civilizations that would be thousands light years away.
5) Another thing is that maybe all civilizations are listening but none are sending which would cause in SETI-paradox. Or other civilizations do not want to interact because it is too dangerous.
So those are some ideas that I found, feel free to share yours!
today I will write just a fun post about why we can not travel faster than light (even then it is desirable… as is written on mathbloggers cool blog: https://mathblogger101.wordpress.com/ ).
So there are some things that will start to happen when you go really fast.
First of all I would like to say that speed cannot be added because it would couse some trouble (like putting headlight of your car ON while driving).
There is simple equation which you can find on internet which says how speeds works when you are “adding” them.
Well another thing is that stuff is gaining mass while it goes faster but there is some effect only in higher speeds. (Athlete girls should not check their weight while running, they could be disappointed.)
It is exponential so you would need to give infinite amount of energy to system to get that speed, which would release infinite amount of heat and that would destroy everything, you just can not take that much of coal.
There is also another problem about which you maybe did not know.
Because this is electromagnetism whem moving around. If you read that post about EM you know that electromagnetic force carrier is photon.
What is the speed of photon? 300 000km/s
That means that photon which is responsible for your moving can not move you faster than it is traveling!
I will not be able to run faster with bricks for building if my maximal speed is 2m/s.
VSauce1 made a awesome point of what would happen with car traveling at speed of light and pushing its headlights on. If you know what is Doppler effect you can come up with the answer really quickly.. It is that WWWWŽŽŽŽŽMMMM of train or car traveling towards and than away from you but with sound. Same thing would happen to car at speed of light. For passenger inside nothing would happen, time would not happen because nothing like lenght which can travel light in one second would not happen for him because from his view light would not move any distance in one second…
PS: if you know about any reason why speed of light is 300 000km/s let me know because I dont